Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you help your kids deal with your recent break-up?

I recently broke up with my fiancee of 2 1/2 years. My kids are 8 and 10 and really miss him. I don't want any contact with him. This isn't the first time we've split up. We've been off and on the entire time. I don't want to put my kids through it anymore. This time it's done and I need to help them deal with it. Please help...they're really upset.How do you help your kids deal with your recent break-up?
for starters i wouldn't let them know if you are dating someone new. i'd just tell them the two of you are no longer together and right now it's hard on all of you, together you will get through it. spend more time with them like cooking or baking or family movie night. good luck!How do you help your kids deal with your recent break-up?
tell them how you feel and if they want to visit him tell them that they can call him and they can go visit him when they really miss him or find someone better that the kids will like better

No comments:

Post a Comment